Ralph & Nellie Teetor had one child, daughter Marjorie, born in 1931. She married Navy veteran and businessman John Meyer in 1952. They had four children; Ralph, Ruthie, Jennifer and Lucy.
Ralph Teetor’s close cousin was Daniel C. Teetor. Dan’s son, Jack Teetor, Sr., grew up with his cousin Marjorie and through the years remained very close. Jack Teetor, Sr, and his wife Janet, had three children; Dan, Jack Jr., and Wendy.
- On September 21, 2013, a Teetor & Meyer family reunion took place at Lake Wawasee, IN. Still with us, first cousins Marjorie Teetor Meyer and Jack Teetor, Sr. discussed with the next generation the interest of making a film based on Marjorie Teetor Meyer’s book, “One Man’s Vision The Life of Automotive Pioneer Ralph R. Teetor.” And so the journey began.
- Early 2014, Jack Teetor, Jr, began developing an adaptation of his Aunt Marjorie’s book into a documentary script. Teetor wrote on and off over the next nine years conducting extensive research and tracking his vision to tell this story.
- Sometime during these years, Teetor’s cousin Jim Andron, signed on as composer for the film. Soon after, Teetor’s brother Daniel Teetor, signed on as photo editor and collaborate with Jack on each individual image selected for the film.
- Production of the film began in October 2021 on location in Hagerstown, Indiana. After further extensive research into the Ralph Teetor archives, the script called for more additions to make the story more complete. In August of 2023, Teetor completed his 44 th revision of his script.
- Additional production locations included Detroit, South Carolina, and Los Angeles.
- The film is still in post-production with final voice-overs and remaining final sound mix and design.